Terms and Conditions Paul Clifford Motor Services Ltd
1) Estimate. The price given is a true estimate of what we expect to charge you. If there are any significant changes that we could not have been aware of that will affect the price, we will provide you with an updated estimate. You have the right to accept the price or decline. If you decline we will be entitled to charge a reasonable price for the work already undertaken including any stripping down & reassembly of the vehicle & for materials & spare parts already supplied. Estimates are effective only for 14 days after dispatch.
1) All our estimates are based on the current cost to the Company of labour, materials & spare parts at the date of the estimate.
2) Delay. We will endeavour to complete the work within the specified time. We are only liable for delays caused by our negligence. Any work will be completed within a reasonable time.
3) Payment. Full payment is required on satisfactory completion. In the unlikely event you are dis-satisfied; you are entitled to with hold an amount to reflect any remedial work that may be required. We should be given the opportunity to complete any remedial work. We welcome debit card or cash paymen.s
4) Complaints. We work in line with the Supply of Goods & Services Act, which states that any work or service carried out for you must be done with reasonable care & skill, within a reasonable time & for a reasonable charge (if not agreed beforehand).Any goods/parts provided should be of satisfactory quality, fit for the purpose & as described. If in the unlikely event a problem arises, we aim to resolve the issue within a reasonable time.
In addition to your statutory rights the customer shall be entitled to the benefit of any warranty to which the Company is entitled to from the manufacturer of parts & materials supplied or any sub-contractor. In the unlikely event of a replaced part failing due to incorrect fitment or the part itself being faulty, Unipart Car Care Centres offer the added reassurance of free parts & labour for replacement within 12 months or 12000 miles commencing from the date of original fitment, whichever is earlier.
This can be carried out either by the original Unipart Car Care Centre who undertook the repair or any other participating Unipart Car care Centre throughout the UK, each of which has agreed to offer the same guarantee.
Your statutory rights are not affected- For more information contact Consumer Direct on 08454040506
5) Changes. If you would like to change what is to be supplied, we would request that you telephone then confirm this in writing or other durable form (e.g. email). This will ensure both parties have appropriate records & can refer back to what was agreed.
6) Any notice to the customer posted to his last known address shall be good notice.
7) We will take all reasonable precautions to verify that the person collecting the vehicle has the authority to do so by checking identification.
8) Unless otherwise stated, all service work undertaken, is carried out in accordance with the manufacturer's schedule.
9) Data Protection Act 1998. Any data collected within the Company will not be disclosed to any external sources without your express written consent.
10) If loan vehicles are available they are offered on the understanding that you hold a full UK driving licence & are between the ages of 25 to 70. Customers must arrange their own insurance. The fuel tank must be replenished to the level when the loan period started. A car loan sheet must be completed & vehicle condition noted before & after return.
11) Damage. We will not be liable for any damage unless caused by our negligence.
12) Cancellation. When ordering via distance means (over the telephone or via the website) you have a right to cancel under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. You would have 7 working days from the date you received the goods to cancel & receive a full refund. Please contact us in writing (email is sufficient) if you wish to cancel. You are responsible for the return costs.
We would request that goods are returned with the original packaging if possible & would like to remind you that you have a statutory duty to take care of the goods.
13 Cancellation Customers have the right to cancel work at any time. If such cancellation is prior to work commencing then no charge is made. If work has been started then costs will only include the labour for the work carried out up to the time of cancellation with a minimum charge of half an hour. The company will wherever possible minimise the total costs to the customer, however parts ordered, obtained or used that cannot be cancelled, returned or resold together with any handling charges & any other direct costs that have been incurred will be charged to the customer. We reserve the right to cancel the customer's appointment, due to unforeseen circumstances & will offer an alternative appointment at a time convenient to both parties. Consideration will be given to the reimbursements of reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of the cancellation.
14) At all times Customers' property will be maintained by the use of wing protectors, seat covers & floor mats. Keys will be made secure & held in the key safe as appropriate
Note. Customers are strongly advised to remove all items of value not connected with the vehicle when leaving it on the company’s premises.
If you require advice please contact Consumer Direct on 08454 040506 or visit their website www.consumerdirect.gov.uk